IMPORTANT WET-WEATHER INFORMATION FOR SOCCEROOS V GREECE
04 Jun 2016
RUG up and come support the Socceroos and Ethniki Omada at Stadium Australia tonight! Please be advised of the following wet-weather information:
- FFA advises that the event will proceed as scheduled, subject to the normal pre-game pitch inspection by the referee.
- The Stadium Australia pitch drains particularly well and there is no surface water at this time. FFA and Stadium Australia official grounds team are closely monitoring conditions.
- In the 24 hours to 9am today, 65mm of rain had fallen in Sydney city and only 24mm at Sydney Olympic Park.
- Supporters are encouraged to prepare for wintery conditions and bring wet-weather protective gear.
- Ponchos will be available outside the Stadium and at merchandise outlets inside the venue.
- Supporters can bring umbrellas to the Stadium but, for the safety of others, are not permitted to open these once in their seats.
- With train travel included in all Socceroos v Greece tickets, fans are encouraged to take advantage of the additional and direct services in place for the event.
- Direct trains are running between Central and Olympic Park every 15 minutes between 5.30pm and 10:00pm stopping at Redfern and Strathfield.
- Please note there will be NO Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses in operation for this event.