SYDNEY’S ANZ STADIUM TO HOST 4 MASSIVE SPORTING EVENTS IN 4 WEEKS
14 Oct 2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET ORGANISED
Julian Keith and Crystelle Cordero
FOUR of Australia’s biggest sporting events of the year are about to unfold at Stadium Australia in Sydney Olympic Park, with fans being urged to secure tickets early and plan ahead to make sure their game-day experience runs smoothly.
The amazing run of major events at Stadium Australia includes:
- Saturday 17 October: NRL Preliminary Final Panthers v Rabbitohs;
- Sunday 25 October: NRL Grand Final Day;
- Saturday 31 October: Bledisloe Cup Wallabies v All Blacks, The Rugby Championship;
- Wednesday 11 November: State of Origin II NSW Blues v Qld Maroons;
With capacity at Stadium events increasing in line with NSW Public Health Orders, Members and supporters have moved quickly to secure seats for these major events.
With a COVID Safe plan in place at Stadium Australia and on public transport, the following advice is provided to all fans attending these events:
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell;
- Fans are strongly encouraged to bring and wear a facemask while moving around the Stadium and when travelling on public transport;
- Arrive early and give yourself plenty of time to enter the venue;
- Fans are urged to drive to the game with their group (car pool) and pre-book their parking in advance here;
- Extra public transport services will run to and from Olympic Park for the games but make sure to plan ahead and visit info for details.
- All fans are encouraged to be aware of their personal space and tolerant of others with increased capacities in effect;
- Stadium Australia is now a cashless venue. There will be no cash facilities at the Stadium, all transactions will be via contactless card;
- QR Code Check-ins using the Service NSW app will be available in some locations around the Stadium.
Why not watch the game in style while staying COVID Safe in a designated Suite, Lounge or Centreline Seat.
Official Hospitality bookings can be made here
Panthers v Rabbitohs
This Saturday the all-conquering Panthers are chasing their first Grand Final appearance since 2003 while the Rabbitohs are looking to make their first Grand Final since their historic 21st premiership win in 2014, having made the Preliminary Final in each of the past three years.
Two Telstra NRLW games will be played prior to the NRL game at 7.50pm – St George Illawarra Dragons v NZ Warriors from 12.30pm and Sydney Roosters v Brisbane Broncos at 4pm.
Tickets to the NRL Preliminary Final and the NRLW games are here:
NRL Grand Final Day
The biggest day on the NRL calendar will see both the Telstra Premiership men’s and women’s Premiers crowned at Stadium Australia.
Who will reach the 2020 NRL Grand Final – Minor Premier Penrith Panthers, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Melbourne Storm or Canberra Raiders?
Timings for the day are:
- 3:15pm: Gates Open
- 4:05pm: NRL Women’s Grand Final
- 6:30pm: Pre-game entertainment
- 7:30pm: NRL Grand Final
The greatest of trans-Tasman rivalries comes to Stadium Australia once again with the Wallabies taking on the All Blacks in the third Bledisloe Cup Test.
An incredible 16-16 draw in the first Bledisloe Cup Test has set up a tantalising series between the two old foes.
State of Origin II
The Crucial Game II of the 2020 State of Origin series hits Stadium Australia and it’s one for the record books, marking the 40th Anniversary of Origin.
Can Brad Fittler’s Blues secure a historic 3-peat?