SYDNEY’S EGGCELLENT WEEKEND – TRAINS, BUSES, SHOWBAGS AND FOOTY BLOCKBUSTERS
29 Mar 2021
- Fans are encouraged to make the most of an epic #EasterFootyFest by arriving early and enjoying the atmosphere of the Sydney Royal Easter Show in Sydney Olympic Park leading in to the 4pm kick-off at the footy;
- With bumper crowds expected in Sydney Olympic Park on Good Friday and Easter Monday, footy fans are encouraged to pre-book parking to guarantee a spot.
- Reciprocal rights are in play for Rabbitohs Members attending the Good Friday clash;
- Express trains & Major Event Buses will be running to Olympic Park across the long weekend;
- While Stadium grandstands are back to 100 per cent, fans should follow COVID Safe advice which encourages wearing masks on public transport and social distancing where possible;
- Show bags are welcome inside the Stadium!
By Crystelle Cordero
It’s showtime for four of the NRL’s fiercest rivals with the traditional Good Friday and Easter Monday blockbusters combining with the Sydney Royal Easter Show for one massive long weekend in Sydney Olympic Park.
The Easter grudge matches traditionally draw some of the biggest crowds of the NRL regular season, and with crowd capacity back to 100 per cent and plenty of sunshine forecast there’s loads to celebrate!
To make the most of the epic #EasterFootyFest at Stadium Australia we’ve put together a handy hit list of everything you need to know, so read on!
Sydney Olympic Park will be buzzing with the Sydney Royal Easter Show on next door, so make sure you arrive early to enjoy a big day of footy and fun. Arriving early will also help you avoid crowding and help you stay COVID Safe.
Car parks are expected to fill, so pre-book your parking online, available until midnight the night before the game, to guarantee yourself a space and take advantage of the $20 early-bird flat rate.
Catching public transport? Plan your trip and arrive early using the Transport for NSW Trip Planner here. Face masks are strongly encouraged on public transport in line with NSW health advice.
Express and limited stop trains will run from Central, Blacktown and Penrith to Olympic Park and return, from 9am until midnight each day of the long weekend Friday to Monday inclusive.
Footy fans can catch Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses that will run on all nine routes each day of the Easter Show from early morning until late at night. Buses drop off and pick up from Olympic Boulevard in Olympic Park.
For more transport information, head to the Transport NSW Event Pages here.
To ensure a smooth entry, download and share your tickets with your group prior to arriving at the venue.
Show bags will be allowed inside the stadium, so make a day of it and hit up the show before the two blockbuster clashes on Friday and Monday.
STAY HOME if you are sick, feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone awaiting COVID-19 test results. For more information on COVID Safety at the Stadium, head here.
Stadium Australia Memberships include access to both must-see matches, with GA tickets to the games starting from just $15. Reciprocal rights are in play for Rabbitohs Members attending the Good Friday clash.
GOOD FRIDAY TIMINGS:
1.30pm: Gates Open
1.50pm: Jersey Flegg Kick Off - Bulldogs v Rabbitohs
4.05pm: NRL Kick Off
EASTER MONDAY TIMINGS:
1.15pm: Gates Open
1.35pm: NSW Cup Kick Off - Western Suburbs Magpies v Eels
4.00pm: NRL Kick Off