Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - 19 Oct, Matinee
THE ULTIMATE LIVE EXPERIENCE IS COMING TO SYDNEY THIS OCTOBER!
Get ready to witness the largest Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo ever staged when it marches exclusively into Sydney for four shows only at ANZ Stadium this October.
Featuring over 1,500 of the world’s finest pipers, drummers, dancers, military musicians and performers, this renowned Scottish spectacular will be brought to life set against the backdrop of a full-size replica of Edinburgh Castle.
ANZ Stadium will fill with the sights and sounds of 320 Pipes and Drums, 100 Highland Dancers, 13 Military Bands with 865 Military performers, 40 Scottish Fiddlers, a 100 strong Australian Federation Guard and much, much more.
Experience a moving, memorable masterpiece of theatrical entertainment! Hear the drums, feel the power and listen to all the traditional classics like Auld Lang Syne and Scotland the Brave, together with a wide range of contemporary favourites.
If you think you’ve seen it all before then you’re in for the surprise of your life. Book your tickets today to the largest Tattoo ever!
|10:45AM||The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo commences|
|1:30PM||The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo concludes|
Don’t get caught out - to ensure a smooth entry into ANZ Stadium on the day, we have some helpful tips for you below:
- Tickets to The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at ANZ Stadium include travel on Sydney Trains and Sydney Metro services.
- Take advantage of the express trains running from Central every 30min from 9.00am until 3.00pm stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.
- If you must drive, pre-booking your parking in advance of the concert dates is recommended. For information on car parking at Sydney Olympic Park go to www.secureparking.com.au/sop/
- Plan your trip in advance by visiting the event page or trip planner on transportnsw.info.
- Remember to allow additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium.
To plan your trip visit the Transport for NSW event page here or use the Transport NSW Trip Planner to help plan your journey. It will give you up-to-date train and bus timetable information.
All tickets to The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at ANZ Stadium include entry and return travel on Sydney Trains and Metro services. Patrons are strongly advised to take advantage of the additional and direct trains running to and from Olympic Park to avoid expected heavy congestion and traffic on roads in and around the Sydney Olympic Park precinct.
Additional services will run to Olympic Park:
- Additional services will run every 30 minutes between Central and Olympic Park from 9am and 3pm, then every 20 minutes between 3.20pm and 12:30am stopping at Strathfield and Redfern.
Alternatively, catch a train to Lidcombe Station then head to Platform Zero for a direct service to Olympic Park, running every 10 minutes until 0030.
The following Sydney Buses services run to Sydney Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route 533 runs from Sydney Olympic Park to Chatswood via Rhodes & North Ryde.
Use the Transport NSW Trip Planner to help plan your journey. It will give you up-to-date train and bus timetable information. Click here for more information.
We recommend you make use of the entitlement to public transport that comes included with your Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo event ticket. However, if you require a taxi, the Sydney Olympic Park taxi rank is located on Herb Elliott Avenue.
For those planning to drive it is essential you pre-book parking in Sydney Olympic Park, available online until 11.59pm the night before.
If you’re driving from the Sydney CBD consider making use of the new M4 Tunnels for a shorter trip to Olympic Park. The widened M4 Motorway between Parramatta and Olympic Park and the new M4 Tunnels between Haberfield and Olympic Park allows motorists to bypass more than 50 sets of traffic lights on Parramatta Road (a distance-based toll applies).
Event goers should allow plenty of time to get to Sydney Olympic Park, find a parking space and get to their seat for the show.
It is strongly advised that you take advantage of return train travel (included in your tickets) to the game, but if you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For specific road closure details, visit Sydney Olympic Park Authority.
Patron SMS Service
REPORT ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
A patron text message service will operate for all events. If you experience any issues during an event, SMS 0419 403 360 with your issue and location.